vendredi, décembre 03, 2004

Tailored resume

Here's my resume, but the format messed up when I tried to put it on here. I just want all the Peace Corps applicants to see that you don't have to be overly qualified for something---Oh my gosh just realized I posted my address and phone number...I might as well put my credit card number while I'm at it. Think! Melinda, Think!!!
Melinda C. Rizley
***************
****
Guinea-Conakry
Jan. 10, 2005

Experience
2001-2004 University of Colo. Recreation Center Boulder, CO
Service Technician
· Responsible for various bookkeeping and monetary transactions
· Provide information about health, fitness, and facility related issues
2001 The Southwestern Company Nashville, TN
Salesperson
· Independent Contractor in direct sales of educational products
· Learned principles of salesmanship and success (e.g. schedule, positive attitude, goal setting)
· Developed communication skills by presenting to 180+ families/week
· Executed all ordering, inventory, sales, accounting, scheduling, presentation, and delivery of products
· Earned Gold Seal Award by working 80+ hours per week
· Received Perseverance Award
2000-2004 Project YES! Lafayette, CO
Volunteer / Co-facilitator
· Worked with “at risk” youth to develop leadership skills to effect change
· Developed and executed 9 month diversity workshop with local high school

Education
2000-2004 University of Colorado Boulder, CO
BA in Geography/French Minor
· Focused on physical geography (forest dynamics, vegetation, and soil properties)
· Studied human geography (international development and geo-politics)
· Gained experience with Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
· Served on the Geography Board 2003-2004

Languages

French- Intermediate/Advanced
· Four years of university level French
· 5 weeks intensive immersion school at L’Université du Québec à Chicoutimi
· Over 500 hours of speaking French in foreign country



1 Comments:

At 11 décembre 2004 à 14:54, Blogger Caroline said...

Bonjour Melinda,

I see that you know how to speak French. It's my first language :)

Anyways, thanks for your comment in my blog. To answer your question, it is certainly possible to teach yourself how to knit, because I'm a self-taught knitter myself. I learned using a book by Debbie Stoller titled Stitch N' Bitch. I love it and it's filled with cute patterns. There are also many other books that you can use to teach yourself and I'm sure there are plenty of ressources online. Good luck!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home