vendredi, octobre 29, 2004

Oh yeah, I haven't left yet!

Man, I am having the worst time trying to stay focused on what I'm doing right now. I've been day dreaming about Guinea in all my classes. I spend all my time at work searching the Internet to learn more (It's ok, we're allowed). I very rarely remember my dreams, but now I dream about Guinea almost every night. It's really hard to stay focused when I know my reality is going to be flipped upside-down in a few months. I know that's not an excuse.

I met up with my friend Viva the other day to talk. She just recently got back from Guinea and Mali. I really enjoyed her metaphor for Guinea and Mali-Broad generization, but stil paints a picture. She says the energy in Mali has a gentleness and Guinea is more entergetic and firery. She compared Mali with the Elders in a community and Guinea with the youth. My roommate Jamie says I'll fit right in with the firery Guineans!