samedi, octobre 16, 2004

Yes, Guinea is different from New Guinea

Guinea:


Papa New Guinea:


Ok. Now that that's clear. I found out last week that I will be serving in Guinea West Africa!! I couldn't be more excited! I don't have as many friends from Guinea as I do other West African countries. But I do have a fair amount of knowledge of the culture because of the simularities to Mali and Senegal. But that's nothing compared to how much I'll know when I complete my service.
I can't tell you how surreal everything feels. In less then three months from now my dream will become a reality. I have to admit I'm a little stressed about my assignment(which is Agroforestry) but Gretchen, a volunteer in Senegal has put my mind (slightly) at ease with her information about training.
This is the place to go to hear all about my little adventures, struggles, and revelations. I'm not sure how often I'll be able to update this after my training, as I may not be able to get to a computer for months. Just keep your eyes out and keep me in your prayers

3 Comments:

At 22 octobre 2004 à 11:16, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Congrats and good luck in Guinea! If you have any other questions, especially about agfo, feel free to email, although it will be very slow.

Gretchen

 
At 25 février 2005 à 17:37, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Good luck melinzy :P This is the first time I check your blog, i looked up your name on google and it was the second result, not bad. I'll check this out more often to see what you're up to.

 
At 24 novembre 2008 à 04:09, Blogger yves cisse said...

c'est bon!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home